Hailey got The Toddler Cookbook by Annabel Karmel for Christmas from her Aunt Ellie and Uncle Matt. Since Hailey has been sick we haven’t had a chance to try any of the recipes in it until today. (Although we have “read” the cookbook many nights for her bed time story!)
Anyhoo- Hailey wanted to make the Mini Banana Muffins and we had all of the ingredients on hand. So- we made some yummy banana muffins this morning.
1 medium egg
1/3 cup packed soft light brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large, very ripe banana (we didn’t have a large banana, so we used 2 small ones)
1/4 cup sunflower or vegetable oil
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix egg, sugar and vanilla. Whisk together until thick.
- Mash the banana in a small bowl then add to egg mixture. Add oil.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in separate bowl. Then stir in until just combined.
- Fill muffin liners (or greased muffin pan) about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until risen and firm. Makes 18 mini-muffins.
Note- we don’t have a mini-muffin pan. So, we made 9 regular sized muffins. I increased the cooking time to 20 minutes and they were perfect.
Hailey mixing the egg and brown sugar together. (Isn’t she cute in her adorable little apron??)
Trying a bite of the bananas while mashing them together.
The finished banana muffins. Yummy!
Also, now that Hailey is feeling better we should be back next week with some fun winter crafts!